An increasing numbers of facilities are installing alternatives to conventional floors and selecting floors made from more sustainable or recycled materials such as bamboo, cork and rubber. Most green floors maintained using the same procedures as conventional flooring, but it is very important to use chemicals that are certified green.
Here are some other tips....
1) You should put entry mats at all major points of entry. Mats can be a huge help in keeping the floors cleaner and healthier.
2) You should use a green-certified neutral cleaner when necessary. However, sanitizers and disinfectants should be used in locker-rooms and health care facilities.
3) Always read the recommendations of the manufacturer. Your installation contractor should provide you with documentation. If not, you can find most documentation online using a google search.
4) You should minimize damp mopping some sustainable wood floors such as bamboo and cork.It is better to vacuum and dust mop the floor, avoiding chemical dust mop treatments unless they are green.
5) Most green floors can be machine polished using just a buffing pad. But chemical polishes and finishes are typically not used on green floors. You should look at the manufacturer recommendation to be sure.